Friday, September 20, 2013

Pretty in Purple

Lately I have been doing some quick refashioning of a few old dresses I've had for years, to see if I can salvage them and get some more wear out of them. Here's a 2 for 1 on purple fashion!


I love this dress colour & the supersoft fabric, but the shape! the size! SO 90s!

To fix this dress I planned simply to do a quick chop & that's all. BUT when I chopped then washed (for the billioneth time) it shrank! Just a touch but still, it looked tight in the arm area. So I used the  8 inches that I lopped off the bottom, opened the armhole a bit, and set in some sleeves. I always prefer sleeves for work clothes anyhow, just a personal preference. Not sure if the redo actually updates this one or not, though.


Not sure about this one. Certainly fits in with the
garden theme! But perhaps a bit small? Too dated?


Dress #2: The original sack o' fabric

Shorten by 7 inches
Trim the sleeve



Tie the little self-tie in front to add some
shape. Now I love it as a garden
 party dress :) This one I really love.
 It feels new and yet vintage-y.

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know how much I am enjoying your refashioning series - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments, ideas or suggestions here -- I am always interested in hearing from readers. It's nice to have a conversation!